Systems biology of cell fate decisions in normal and tumor cells
Our interest is to understand the mechanisms and dynamics of signal transduction, epigenetic (de)regulation and chromatin structure, which coordinate global gene expression programs in normal and cancer cells. Based on our expertise on nuclear receptors action we develop technologies and global systems biology approaches to identify comprehensive RNA profiles, transcription factor binding sites, epigenomes and chromatin interactomes from ultra-small sample sizes, and use integrative bioinformatics to identify functional gene “hubs” and decision points that dynamically coordinate gene programming. Our studies involve a plethora of genome-wide technologies and the corresponding development of bioinformatics tools.
A particular interest of our team is the integrative analysis of aberrations affecting signaling, epigenome, chromatin architecture and transcriptome upon tumorigenic transformation. In this context we identify targets and mechanisms, which are relevant for the development of novel therapeutic paradigms, and study the mechanisms and therapeutic potential of signaling drugs and epigenetic modulators.
Another emphasis of our work is to decipher the mechanisms underlying the cancer-selectivity of apoptogenic TRAIL signaling. Studies on the role of the senescence-mediated secretome on TRAIL action and the epigenetic alterations during cellular senescence address the link between cancer and aging.
- A multivalent peptide library approach to identify functional TRAIL mimetics, ApoMULTI-LIB. Project financed by the ANR
- Molecular analysis of tumor-cell specific apoptosis. Project financed by the Ligue Nationale contre le cancer
- HEALTH-F4-2007-200767 (APO-SYS) Apoptosis systems biology applied to cancer and AIDS. An integrated approach of experimental biology. Project financed by the European Commission
- HEALTH-2007- 221952 (ATLAS) Development of Laser-Based Technologies and Prototype Instruments for Genome-Wide Chromatin ImmunoPrecipitation Analyses. Project financed by the European Commission
- Decryption of the role(s) of methylated CBP/p300 species in signal transduction: Analysis of methyl-HAT « codes » in differentiation and aberrant HAT methylation in cancer. Project financed by the INCa
- Identification of modulators and gene expression signatures of TRAIL sensitivity. Project funded by ARC
- Epigenetic regulation of tumour-cell specific apoptosis. Project financed by the INCa
- Dr. Angel de Lera, Professor of Organic Chemistry, Universidade de Vigo, Vigo, SPAIN
- Dr. Laurence Vandel, Centre de Biologie du Developpement, UMR5547 du CNRS/Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, FRANCE
- Dr. William Bourguet, Centre de Biochimie Structurale, CNRS UMR5048 / INSERM U1054, Montpellier, France
- Dr. Raoul Herbrecht, Hôpitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
- Dr. Gilles Guichard, Institut Européen de Chimie et Biologie (IECB), Université de Bordeaux I - CNRS UMR 5248, Pessac, France
- Dr. Sylvie Fournel, PhD, Institut de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS UPR 9021, Strasbourg, FRANCE
- Olivier Micheau, INSERM U866-Lipides Nutrition Cancer, Facultés de Médecine et de Pharmacie, Dijon, FRANCE
APO-SYS : http://www.apo-sys.eu/
- Hinrich GRONEMEYER - Scientific Excellence Award - Inserm - 2010
- Hinrich GRONEMEYER - European Medal - The Endocrine Society - 1996
- Hinrich GRONEMEYER - Member of the European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) - European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) - 1995
- Hinrich GRONEMEYER - Scientific Prize - Société Française d'Endocrinologie (SFE) - 1991
- Dec. 15, 2014 - Discovery of a novel RNA class
- Nov. 24, 2014 - 2 IGBMC researchers among the world’s most influential
- June 6, 2011 - Smaller and smaller samples
- June 1, 2011 - The oestradiol secret code
Genome Res Feb. 4, 2015 .
Nat Struct Mol Biol Jan 2015 ; 22:89-97 .
Chembiochem Jan. 19, 2015 ; 16:293-301 .
Cell Death Differ Jan 2015 ; 22:58-73 .
Subcell Biochem 2014 ; 70:181-202 .
ACS Med Chem Lett March 19, 2014 ; 5:533-537 .
Aging Cell Jun 2014 ; 13:487-96 .
Cell Death Dis Jan. 30, 2014 ; 5:e1043 .
Chem Rev Jan. 8, 2014 ; 114:1-125 .
BMC Genomics Nov. 26, 2013 ; 14:834 .